Meet Gary Bradford
GARY BRADFORD has over 38 years of experience in the first responder community, primarily serving the Tampa Police Department from 1982 to 2007 as a law enforcement officer. After retirement in 2007, Gary started Bradford Group, a government relations firm specializing in advocacy for the men and women of the first responder community.
Bradford has been working closely with the first responder community advocating for the first responder community in Tallahassee, various county commissions and city counsels. In Tallahassee, Bradford is part of the Florida Benevolent Association’s lobbying team that represents over 33,000 law enforcement officers, sheriff’s deputies, corrections officers, probation officers, Florida Wildlife Commission officers, Florida Highway Patrol troopers and various other first responder units.
Bradford rose through the ranks to major management community relations positions. These positions included various assignments such as Police Officer, Field Training Officer, School Resource Officer, Hostage Negotiator (Tactical Response Team), Patrol District Corporal, Community Relations Corporal, and Senior Detective. Gary and his wife Deborah have called Land O’ Lakes home for over 20 years.
Gary received his Bachelor of Art’s degree in Criminology from St. Leo University. Gary also has years of specialized training in various aspects of law enforcement, public relations, investigations, interview techniques, FEMA certifications in Incident Command Responses, as well as attending several continuing education courses over the his career at the Institute of Police Technology and Management.
Gary has over 38 years of experience in the first responder community, primarily serving the Tampa Police Department from 1982 to 2007 as a law enforcement officer. After retirement in 2007, Gary started Bradford Group, a government relations firm specializing in advocacy for the men and women of the first responder community.
Gary is a member of the
- Rotary Club of Land O’ Lakes
- Sunrise of Pasco County Domestic and Sexual Violence Center – Member of Board of Directors
- Amvet Post 98 – Member of Sons
- Pasco County Charter Review Commission Board Member in 2015
- Life Member of the Police Benevolent Association
- First Life Member of Tampa Police Benevolent Association
- Member of the Libertad, Club Hispano Republicans de Pasco, Florida
Gary also volunteers his time at
- Feeding Tampa Bay: YMCA of Trinity
- Metropolitan Ministries as a Certified Volunteer
- Great American Teach-In Volunteer